4 May 2019

We did so much diving today, we were so busy. Waking up at 7:15 we had a quick breakfast and were picked up for our dive. Four or Five people from the Schooner Columbia, a boat we saw while sailing out of Chesapeake Bay this fall., were also on board ready to dive. I really enjoyed hearing about their experience on a tall ship and how it compared to mine. We dove at Cistern Point for our first dive this morning, which was a little bit cold, but we were able to see a lot of cool animals, including 7 or 8 lobsters, some trigger fish, and some lion fish. Our second dive was at Vanishing Rock, and I was able to wear a wetsuit on top of my first one to keep warm. We dove around the perimeter of a rock that stuck out of the water. Since there was a strong current, even though it was hard to swim against, it brought some really large fish into the site. This afternoon, I had to hide in the shade from the sun since I have such pale skin, and I had to rest before our third dive of the day. Cat and I did our first night dive, which was so cool. Using underwater flashlights, we were able to see all the nocturnal animals that we hadn't seem before. I saw so many shrimp, lobsters, and a couple eels. As we were finishing our dive, a Tarpon was swimming along side us and it was so close I was able to reach out and touch it. Oh and also when we were getting off the dive boat Cat and I saw the most beautiful shooting star that streaked across the sky, and was so bright it glowed green and had shooting streams coming out of the side of it. Tomorrow we are headed out for some more dive in the early morning!
Hours Today- 7 Hours
Hours Total- 28.5 hours
Posted- 22:25

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Blog #2

29 April 2019

18 May 2019