2 May 2019

We woke up around 8:30 this morning and I had some very delicious eggs and a bagel for breakfast. After finishing up the online work for scuba, working from 9AM to 12PM, we were finally able to relax for a minute and absorb the sun before heading out for more work. This afternoon we would be given a chance to get in the scuba gear and learn about all the essentials while we were in shallow water before diving tomorrow. Our mentor, Kay, taught us all about these things. Something I though was cool was learning to control my buoyancy using our breath and how to properly fill our BCD's vests with air to keep a stable buoyancy. Even though I applied sunscreen multiple times throughout the day yesterday, the parts of my back that I couldn't fully reach got sunburned, so this will be something that I will need to learn to take care of for the remainder of the trip. Even though the water was very murky I was able to see a baby barracuda which was super cool, because I always imagined them as the very violent animal from the start of Finding Nemo but, it was a super peaceful animal up close. After dinner we were able to observe the Tarpin that swim under our boat since they are attracted to the lights underneath it. They are large fish, ranging from about 80 to 120 pounds and they were swimming right underneath us. After throwing some salmon in the water we also had some Remora swimming around, they came to close to where we were lying on the edge of the boat we could touch them!
Hours Today- 7
Hours Total- 17
Posted- 21:04

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Blog #2

29 April 2019

18 May 2019